9th FAIS Immunology Conference
Hosted by the Kenya Society for Immunology (KSI)
Aims of the conference:
- To offer a unique forum for immunologists to present and disseminate cutting edge immunology research of relevance in Africa.
- To foster communication and networking among African immunologists and their international collaborators; especially those working in Africa.
- To define how FAIS (www.faisafrica.com) can support the growth, teaching and practise of immunology as a medical discipline in Africa.
Towards full integration of immunology into Africa's healthcare systems
The meeting will have a strong focus on human and clinical immunology to showcase how immunology as a medical discipline is helping to resolve long-standing health challenges posed by infectious diseases. It is also expected to provide impetus in confronting the increasing challenges of non-communicable diseases in Africa.
Major Infectious Diseases (HIV, Malaria,TB)
- Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Non-communicable diseases
- Immunology of Reproduction
- Vaccines, Drugs and Diagnostic development
- Veterinary Immunology
- Emerging zoonotic challenges
Some Confirmed Speakers:
- Prof Michael Ratcliffe, Canada
- Prof Jeffrey Frelinger, USA
- Prof Paola Castagnoli, Singapore
- Dr Winfried Pickl, Austria
- Prof Kevin Marsh, Kenya
- Dr Ridha Barbouche, Tunisia
- Dr Beatrice Ondondo, Kenya
- Prof Paul Garside, UK
- Dr Anna Farnert, Sweden
- Prof Stefan Kaufmann, Germany
- Prof Eleanor Fish, Canada
Call for Abstracts Deadline : 1 September 2014
Basic and Clinical Immunology
Sponsored by the International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS): The course will cover topics ininnate and adaptiveimmunity, pathomechanisms, infection immunology and vaccine development.
This course will cover basic principles of flow cytometry as well as practical session on surface and intracellular cytokine staining
Who should attend?
Scientists,clinicians,technologists,students,teachers of immunology,policy makers,ministry of health officials.
Registration,accomodation,abstract submission,scholarship applications is available at: www.faisconference2014.com