IUIS-FAIS-SANTHE-ISZ Immuno-Zambia 2022: Advanced Immunology of the “BIG FOUR” (COVID-19, HIV, TB and Malaria) infectious diseases”
Dates: December 5 – 9, 2022
About the course:
The course will be on: Advanced immunology of the “BIG FOUR” (COVID-19, HIV, TB and Malaria) infectious diseases.
50 post-graduate students (Masters, PhD and post-doctoral fellows) drawn from Africa and beyond will be selected. More than 20 eminent scientists will lead the course. Our goal is to provide high quality
immunology training and bring together African students and potential mentors to promote career
progression of young African scientists.
All selected participants must complete an online pre-course on the Immunopaedia website starting the week of October 24, 2022.
Requirements to Apply:
This 5-day course is open to graduate students enrolled in academic PhD programs and young postdocs engaged in Immunology related research projects.
• The candidates should have some level of research experience to benefit maximally.
• The course has 20 slots for students from the host country Zambia and 30 slots for international
students. Female scientists are encouraged to apply.
• Students will be selected based on the quality of the abstract, track record of research output and
• There is a registration fee of $50 US.
• Selected students will receive partial or full funding to cover registration, accommodation and travel
• Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding as the budget is limited.
• Successful candidates will be notified September 12, 2022.
Please apply here.
Deadline for application: 15 August 2022
More information here.